Master thesis 15/30 credits
More information is available at: https://thesisinfo.dsv.su.se .
Master's theses are supervised at DSV during the following period:
- Spring semester: Project idea deadline November 21 (submit period between November 7 and November 21), course start January 16. Full time study pace for 30 hp work, half time study pase for 15 hp work.
Note: It is important that you submit your project idea (more about project idea below) in time, otherwise we cannot guarantee that you get a supervisor. You then have to wait until the next course period.
You will be notified who your supervisor will be by course start at the latest.
If you have any questions about the thesis work, send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for the 30 credit master thesis
To be admitted to the master thesis course (30 credits) you need to have fulfilled these requirements:
- 70 credits within your master programme.
- The courses FMVEK Scientific communication and research methodology (7,5 credits) and MMII Research Methodology for Computer and Systems Sciences (7,5 credits) - or similar courses.
Requirements for 15 credit one-year master thesis
To be admitted to the one-year master thesis course (15 credits) you need to have fulfilled these requirements:
- 22,5 credits within your one-year master programme.
- The course FMVEK Scientific communication and research methodology (7,5 credits) - or similar course.
Can a master thesis be written in pairs?
Yes, in fact it is recommended that a master thesis work is done in pairs. But it can also be done by a single student. If the master thesis is written in a pair, both of the two students in the pair must be registered on the same level of master thesis, namely: Either two master students (30 credits) or two one-year master students (15 credits).
You have to submit your project idea in time, se above. More about the project idea, what to include, how to submit etc. see the subpage Project idea.
It is wise to search and read relevant literature well in advance, both in depth about your chosen topic and also about suitable research theories and methods. It takes much more time than expected to find, read, and understand relevant quality literature. A genuine literature review is very useful for designing a good project plan and is helpful during the whole thesis work process.
September 5, 2016
Source: Administration of Studies